I asked Edward Jakab, author of “Fearless”, to participate in the “next big thing” self-interview. Here are his answers.
1) What is the working title of your current/next book?
Well, it depends on which book you’re asking about. I am currently working on two items simultaneously. “Mine” will be the sequel to “Fearless.” And “Chosen” is an entirely different project. So I don’t confuse you, I’ll talk about “Mine.”
2) Where did you get the idea for that book?
Fearless ended in such a way that it just called for a sequel. I’ll admit, I did that on purpose. Starting college and living on my own for the first time in my life has given me many stories to write about.
3) What’s the genre of the book?
Gay young adult.
4) If you could pick actors to play the lead characters in your story, who would you pick?
The actors I can see playing my characters in “Mine” on the big screen would be:
Jacob = Logan Lerman
Drew = Ezra Miller
Nicole = Dana Davis
Austin = Spencer Boldman
Superman = Taylor Lautner
5) How would you describe your book in one sentence (10 words or less)?
Life gets in the way.
6) (a) How will your book be published, submitted through the traditional route to a traditional publisher or will you be handling it yourself through Indie Publishing methods? (b) If you’re an Indie Author, will you be publishing through your own Indie Publishing company or in a collective with other Indie Authors?
I’ll be self-publishing through Amazon.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of this book?
I haven’t entirely finished it yet, to be honest with you.
8) What other books within your genre are similar to yours?
There aren’t any like mine. (See what I did there? Pun.)
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
A few boys…
10) What about your book will pique the reader’s interest?
The hidden code, finding out who this book is inspired by or written for…
Edward Jacob’s book can be found at à http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0096CQ2SW
Edward himself can be found on twitter at https://twitter.com/EddieBtVS